LeBlanc, Robert: 2 General Session: Building the Connected Business, IBM, Vienna, 2002
Mills, Steve: Building the Next Generation of E-Business. IBM Developer Conference 2001. San Francisco
Standard eSpace Clients: Web Applications
What can you do with an eSpace Client (e. g. Web-Browser) within an eSpace?
- Perform actions- Use functionality of the respective eBusiness application
- Order goods
- Check account balance
- Fill in profile information (Personalization)
- Create discussion topics
Important things a user should think about when using eBusiness applications:
- How is access to private data protected?
- Which security architectures does the application offer?
- Is encryption used to protect sensitive data?
- Which functionality does the application offer and do I need this functionality?
- How does navigation work? E. g. is the maintenance of bookmarks possible. Do i know how to find relevant information?
- Is it possible to contribute to the functionality. E. g. by creating discussion contributions?
- Can text be formatted?
- Can files be uploaded?
- Is it possible to edit contributions?
What is the bottleneck/critical production factor in modern electronic work and office environments?
- The bottleneck is not the physical resources (hardware, bandwidth etc.). The bottleneck is the e-worker's capability to organize information and bring it into context.