|Lotus & eGovernment:|
IBM Case Studies:
Notes Domino 6 Articles:
Important things an application developer should think about before designing eBusiness applications:
- What is the purpose of the application and which functionality do I want to offer?
- What is my target group (language, industry, social factors)?
- Do I want users to be able to contribute to the functionality of the application (e. g. by creating documents)?
- Is it possible for the user to edit user created contributions?
- Is a login to personalized areas necessary?
- Which security infrastructure has to be implemented?
- How can it be maintained?
- What has to be protected?
- How do I treat sensitive user data?
- What is the general navigation concept of the application?
- Does the user always know where he/she is?
- Does the application/website have a sitemap?
- Is it possible to search for the desired information?
- Can the desired information be reached in various ways?
- Are there shortcuts through the structure of the application?
- Is the presented information sufficiently structured?