Modul W2540: Sustainable International Business Management in Multinational Corporations
|Topics / Media|
General Introduction / Q&A.
- Introduction / Allgemeine Einführung
- Organization Protocol / Vorstellung der organisatorischen Regelungen
- Clarifying Open Questions and registration status / Klärung von Fragen zum Ablauf und Anmeldestand
- Schedule block seminar / Ablauf Blockseminar:
Seminar sessions: 09:00 - 17:00h
#1 Fri 21.04.
#2 Sat 22.04.
#3 Fri 28.04.
#4 Fri 05.05.
#5 Fri 12.05. - 9:00-12:00h Q&A
#6 Fri 19.05. - 9:00-17:00h Final seminar for presentation of semester project (Part II Final Case Analysis)
# Tue 06.06. Due date for hand-in Final Written Report
- Team Building/Selbständige Teambildung
Please find a partner for further teamwork.
- For General questions regarding the module,
please eMail Prof. Dr. Pei Wang-Nastansky (PWN [at] gcc.upb.de)
PART 1 - The Global Manager's Environment
PART 1 - Case Study - The i-Factory in China
- Chapter 1: Assessing the Environment: Political, Economic, Legal, Technology
I . Organization:
- Reminder - Part I Country Briefing presentation - 05.05.
- Final Presentation date - 19.05
II. PART 1 - The Global Manager's Environment
- Chapter 1: The PESTEL Aspects
- Chapter 2: Managing Independence: Social Responsibilities and Ethics
III. PART 2 - The Cultural Context of Global Management
- Chapter 3: Understanding the role of Culture
- Negotiation Role Play
Your thoughts & idea of the future sustainable business model(s) of China Foxconn & APPLE?
I. PART 2: The Cultural Context of Global Management (continue)
- Chapter 3- 4: Communicating Across Cultures - Body Language
II PART 2: The Cultural Context of Global Management
- Chapter 4: Communicating Across Cultures
- SPECIAL THEME - "Kiss, Bow, or Shake Hands?"
III. Case Study
IV. Chapter 5: Cross-cultural Negotiation and Decision Making
|..I. PART 2 (continued)|
II. Current Issues: Sustainability 2.0 - Prezi Presentation
III. Case study - Patagonia Story-
- please read Nr. 3. (login needed) in -> Media/Resource Log Link: (login necessary)
- New CEO
- Anti Materialism
- When was it founded? Who had founded the company?
- What is its core business?
- How is the financial performance today?
- What are their recent sustainability activities, campaigns, and marketing events?
- Give three examples of business principles or practices that are new to you or considered as innovative/creative actions?
IV. Student Presentation of Country Assessment
- Each team presentation 30 minutes
- Core Challenges in developing a sustainable, long-term international management environment
Formulating and Implementing Strategy for International and Global Operations
Takeover Could Signal New Strategy for China
II . PART 4: Global Human Resources Management
Question & Answer Session for the Final Case Study and Report
9:00 - 11:30
FINAL SEMINARIV. Team presentation of final semester project
"Three words stick in my head: quality, innovation and simplicity. Consumers questioning whether they really need something leads to buying things that last a long time and can be recycled. That’s quality. Innovation is replacing an old technology that is polluting or inefficient with a better one. The last word is simplicity. Our philosophy here at Patagonia has always been that a product is perfected not when you can’t add anything more to it, but when you can’t take anything away. As a general philosophy of life, we should work toward simplicity rather than increased complexity. " - Yvon Chouinard, the founder of Patagonia, Inc, 2013
I. SPECIAL ISSUES
II. Financing vs. Micro-Financing
III. NYC - A Sustainable Place? http://prezi.com/s_5llmw-4f4_/nyc-is-it-sustainable/
|..FINAL REPORT Due:
- Due date for hand-in Final Written Report via mail.