General Guidelines for Written Report ( Not in SoSe_2020)
Format & References
- 15 to 20 pages single-spaced;
- 2,5 centimeters margins top-down & right-left;
- Fonts - Times New Roman, Or Arial, 11 points in size.
- The rest format regarding the position of Page Header, Levels of Heading, Title Page, Abstract, Table of Content, etc. you may follow H-AB Thesis format(in V Drive under Diplom/Vorlag)
- You must use and cite references at least from 8 different sources (3-4 scientific journal articles).
- In-text citation should follow (author, date) format, do not use footnotes.
- The Reference List style should be based on APA Style or Harvard Style:
APA Citation Style Guide:
Harvard Citation Style Guide:
- Library: government publications section, the periodicals section, the reference section
- Accepted non-academic publications: The Economist, White Papers & Surveys from known consultancy BCG, Bain, McKinsey, Deloitte, KPMG, Price Waterhouse Coopers, Accenture, AT Kearney, etc.
- Internet: If you cite an electronic format article, please follow APA citation format and policies
- Inter-library loan: please consult the libertarian for obtaining books, journal articles, or any valuable references via the option of inter-library loan.
Internet sources for all team projects:
- You must use and cite references in text.
- Reference List style can be based on APA Style or Harvard Style, but choose one and be consistent throughout the report:
- University of Cornell: https://www.library.cornell.edu/research/citation/apa
- Purdue writing lab: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
- University of Leeds: https://library.leeds.ac.uk/skills-citations-harvard
- The University of Western Australia: http://guides.library.uwa.edu.au/friendly.php?s=harvard
- An outstanding quality paper applies concepts, theories, as well as information from different sources with given case contextual information in order to present analytic understanding and demonstration individual profound knowledge of the topic.
- A good quality report presents greater depth of information from different sources, shows greater detail and connections of theories to the situation being studied.
- A fair quality report recites a story and reports on events, facts, and information.